1. What are the age and or grades requirements to play in your league?
Our Fall Tackle program requires football players to be in grades K – 8 (ages 6-14) and cheerleaders to be ages 5-14. Our Spring Flag Football program serves Grades K – 7.
2. What are the prices for flag football and for tackle football?
The price for our Tackle Football Program is $275 per player with Raffle tickets included as part of this price. The out-of-pocket cost for each player was significantly reduced (as low as $0) if all of the raffle tickets provided are sold. The price for our Spring Flag Football program is $100 per player which includes a dry fit shirt for the participant to keep. Do note that the prices of our program vary year to year. Please check our website prior to sign-ups for the most current information.
3. When do practices start and how often are they?
Tackle Football practices are typically three (3) nights per week (M/T/Th) from late July until Labor Day. After Labor Day, practices are typically two (2) nights per week (T/Th).
Flag Football practice starts in early March and is typically once a week, at the coach’s discretion.
4. When do games start and how long is the season? Flag? Tackle?
The games in tackle football start the first weekend after Labor Day and are scheduled on Saturday or Sundays. Flag football games started the first weekend in April and will occur each Sunday for seven (7) weeks with no games scheduled during Easter weekend. Tackle schedules are generally provided mid-late August.
5. Where are practices and games held?
The tackle football practices are held at several fields in Wentzville; Rotary Park and Legion Park are the primary locations used. All home games are played at Progress Park with away games played at other Gateway member locations in the St. Louis area. The flag football practice locations vary, check with your coach. All games for flag football are played at Progress Park.
6. Can I coach a team?
All interested Football Coaches should contact Kevin Kuehl at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-307-2056.
If interested in being a Cheerleading coach, please contact Cheer Director at email@example.com
7. What is provided with my registration? What, if anything extra, do we need to buy?
For tackle football, the following is provided:
- Helmet & Shoulder Pads
- Hip, tailbone, thigh and knee pads
- Practice pants
- Game pants
- Personalized game jersey
- A one day pre-season Training Camp
Players will keep their jersey but all other equipment must be returned.
You will be responsible for purchasing football cleats (required), a mouthpiece (required) and it is recommended that boys wear a protective cup.
For flag football, the shirt and flags will be provided. Children will keep their shirts. You will be responsible for purchasing a mouthpiece (required). Cleats and a protective cup (for boys) are recommended but not required..
For Cheerleading, the uniform and pom poms will be provided. Uniforms are to be returned when the season is over.
9. How do I get a schedule of games and practices?
Your coach will distribute the schedules as soon as they are available. Tackle schedules are typically provided mid-late August
10. Where do I buy spirit wear?
Spirit wear is sold at home games or you can complete an order form found on our website and email to Karie Flacke
11. What can I do to help?
- Make every effort to have your child on time and at all practices.
- Communicate any concerns/questions with your coach.
- Volunteer to be a team parent.
- Keep your children hydrated.
- Volunteer to be a part of the chain gang at home football games or sign up to bring snacks/drinks after the games.
- Participate in our fundraisers and assist us in soliciting sponsorships
12. What should I bring to register my child?
For tackle football and cheerleading, the following will be needed:
- Completed registration
- A completed physical form for the participating child.
- A $200 check for the Equipment deposit (check will not be cashed and will be destroyed once the equipment has been turned in)
- Registration fee (payable via cash, check or MasterCard/Visa)
13. Can I request a certain coach?
Yes, we will try to accommodate your request, but due to limitations of team sizes, the request cannot be guaranteed .
14. Is a physical required?
Yes, it is required for tackle football and cheerleading. A physical is not required for flag football.
15. Who do I need to contact for information about cheerleading?
Contact our Cheer Director firstname.lastname@example.org. Or e-mail us at email@example.com.
16. How do I pay? Check, cash, credit card? ,
Our "NEW" online registration uses Paypal. For walk up registrations we accept cash, cashiers check, check and MasterCard/Visa. A $200 check must be provided for the equipment deposit and will be destroyed once the equipment has been turned in.
17. How will I know if practice is canceled?
You will be notified by your coach or team parent.